There are over 100 potential causes of Peripheral Neuropathy which can be quite painful and devastating yet 'modern conventional' health care has nothing to offer. Our program is used by over 700 doctors with a 97% success rate! This is a serious problem that requires a serious comprehensive program.
Reversing Peripheral Neuropathy
End Peripheral Neuropathy NOW!
What are the treatment options for Peripheral Neuropathy?
The primary thing done by the vast majority of conventional medical practitioners is to prescribe various medications to treat the 'symptoms' of Peripheral Neuropathy rather than to correct the underlying cause of it.
Medications typically used include:
Pain medications ranging from over-the-counter pain meds, such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs to opioids. These do not address the underlying cause of the problem and is simply focused on masking the pain.
Anti-seizure medications such as gabapentin (Gralise, Neurontin, Horizant) and pregabalin (Lyrica). These medications were developed primarily to treat epilepsy and may relieve 'nerve pain.' Side effects include drowsiness and dizziness. These do not address the underlying cause of the problem and is simply focused on masking the pain.
Topical treatments such as capsaicin cream or lidocaine patches. This does not address the underlying cause of the problem and is simply focused on masking the pain.
Antidepressants including certain tricyclic meds such as amitriptyline, doxepin (Silenor, Zonalon) and nortriptyline (Pamelor). These may help to relieve pain by interfering with chemical processes in your brain and spinal cord. These do not address the underlying cause of the problem and is simply focused on masking the pain.
Other antidepressants like serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors like Cymbalta and the extended-release antidepressant venlafaxine (Effexor XR) also might ease the pain of peripheral neuropathy. Side effects include things like dry mouth, nausea, drowsiness, dizziness, decreased appetite, and constipation. These do not address the underlying cause of the problem and is simply focused on masking the pain.
Other Treatments Used
- TENS (Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) involves electrodes placed on the skin to deliver a gentle electric current at varying frequencies. This does not address the underlying cause of the problem and is simply focused on masking the pain.
- Plasma exchange and intravenous immune globulin is used to help suppress immune system activity which may benefit those with certain inflammatory conditions. This involves removing blood, then removing antibodies and other proteins from the blood and returning the blood to your body. In immune globulin therapy, you receive high levels of proteins that work as immunoglobulins / antibodies.
- Physical therapy is also used if there is associated muscle weakness. Hand or foot braces, a cane, walker, or wheelchair may also be prescribed.
- Surgery may be used in cases where there is direct pressure on nerves, such as pressure from tumors, bulging or herniated discs, scar tissue, etc. to relieve the pressure.
- Manual Manipulative therapies can also play a beneficial role in cases where the pressure is coming from damaged connective tissue, tight muscles, restricted fascia, neuromuscular trigger points, or joint malalignment.
- Other Electrical Pain Modulation Devices such as the Sanexas (tm), which is currently being aggressively marketed to both doctors and patients to treat the pain associated with neuropathy and some other conditions. This does NOT address the underlying cause of the problem and is simply focused on masking the pain.
Additional Alternative Treatment Approaches
Acupuncture is a well-established method to support the body to regain proper function and heal from a variety of challenges. It can be particularly helpful as a non-medication-based method of pain reduction and management. Additionally, by restoring proper energy movement through blocked areas it can assist the body to function more efficiently. There is no current research that we are aware of that indicates that it can reverse the progression of Peripheral Neuropathy.
Nutritional Support assists the body in the repair and maintenance of all tissues. A nutritional imbalance can definitely lead to some of the damage and symptoms associated with peripheral neuropathy. Vitamins B12 and Folic Acid in particular can be associated with nerve damage. Any sound program that seeks to help the body repair and maintain proper functioning has to consider and incorporate proper nutritional support.
Some of the Best Documented and Promising Approaches:
- Light Therapy (both Red and Near Infrared) such as The Anodyne have been documented to dramatically enhance the formation of new blood vessels (angiogenesis).
- Specific Electrical Frequency Devices such as The Rebuilder have been documented to help repair, retrain, and restore damaged nerves.
- EWOT (Exercise with Oxygen Therapy) is the only approach that is documented to restore & reset the Microcirculation. By restoring microcirculation, ALL the tissues of the body benefit.
- Whole Body Vibration Therapy is well-documented to enhance circulation & oxygenation of the tissues in addition to enhancing protein synthesis, muscle strength, and overall rejuvenation.
Clearly, the only way to address the cause of the problem is to help the body to restore proper blood supply and nerve structure. Once the blood supply and nerves are restored, the nerves can be retrained to perform their appropriate functions. Structure must be restored for function to be restored.
Treating and masking the pain will not accomplish any of that.
We utilize a combination of Light Therapy, Regenerative Electrical Frequencies, Whole Body Vibration, and Oxygen Training along with proper Nutritional Support and Coaching on Lifestyle Modification and Diet to support your body to repair the underlying damage.
Due to the nature of rebuilding blood vessels and nerves, this requires a rigorous approach where you need to do your part. Are you up to it? Schedule a Peripheral Neuropathy Exam and receive personalized assistance from Dr. Max MacCloud, DO, ND, PhD, using over 50 yrs of study and experience to assess the level of your nerve damage and to see if you are a fit for our approach.
Still have questions?
We're happy to help you determine if this is a good option for you. Please fill out the form below and we'll contact you or call us at (941) 806-5511.
Virtual Neuropathy Program
We have programs that can be done at home as well as those that are done in our office and as hybrids to suit what makes the most sense for your situation.
Our in-home programs are ideal for those living outside of our area or who are not able to get around very well. Of course, one of our main goals is to help you get around better and to regain the independence that that provides.
The foundation of our virtual program includes 4 key components:
- A Special Light Therapy device to stimulate the regeneration of the blood vessels that supply the peripheral nerves. This process is called angiogenesis. Numerous chronic diseases damage these tiny blood vessels and eventually shut them down. Our bodies have the ability to regrow blood vessels under the right conditions. This part of the treatment is designed to stimulate the body to regrow the vessels that have been damaged and lost.
- A Special Electro-Frequency Therapy device to stimulate regeneration and retraining of damaged nerves. The nerves degenerate and die once their blood supply is compromised. That is why we must simultaneously work to rebuild the blood vessels while we rebuild the damaged nerves. This special device uses a specific wave form and frequency known as the Schuman Resonance that helps to heal, repair, regenerate, and retrain the damaged nerves. This is NOT a TENS unit which merely provides an electronic nerve block.
- A Special Nutritional Program to assist the blood vessels and nerves to heal & regenerate. Healing requires the right nutrients (proteins, fats, vitamins, minerals, etc.). If any one of those components is not available, the entire process will be short circuited and stalled.
- Additionally, we provide guidance & coaching along the way to answer your questions and assist you in the process of healing and regeneration.
The Virtual Neuropathy Program is only $3,299; the home equipment is yours to keep, they are a $2500 value. This program includes ongoing coaching & supervision for 90 days; additional testing and coaching are available to keep you moving in the right direction.
Depending on the underlying situation, there are additional components that can be added to speed up and enhance your results even further while addressing any additional health issues or concerns. In our in-office program we incorporate two different EWOT (exercise with oxygen therapy) programs. The first is called the trifecta system and consists of the following 3 components:
- Whole Body Vibration or Low-Level Micro-Vibration. Both can be extremely beneficial and supportive. We can discuss the pros & cons of each to help you determine which is most appropriate for you.
- Red & Near Infrared Light Therapy to the entire body. Both can add multiple additional benefits ranging from increased circulation, oxygenation, mitochondrial energy production, reduction in pain & inflammation, regeneration & increased collagen production, and more.
- EWOT – Exercise with Oxygen Therapy may be one of the biggest health breakthroughs of all time. It is the only approach that is documented to open and RESET to microcirculation. The microcirculation accounts for 99% of the circulatory system and is the ONLY place where nutrient exchange takes place.